Hope you're having a wonderful first day of Spring! Change has been in the air recently, and there's a reason. A new season is upon us. The winter doldrums are past. It's time for the earth (and its inhabitants) to begin anew. For writers, this time of the year heralds a new beginning as well. It's time to focus, get out of that wintry rut, and start some feel good, look good, and write darned good routines.
Today is the first OFFICIAL day of SPRING INTO ACTION here at E-Klectics, which will run continuously for the next thirty days.
Here's the dealio: Do *at least 3 of the following five, each day.
Then, pop in once a day to comment on your progress.
At the end of the thirty days, I'll toss the names of everone who's commented in a bowl and draw 5 winners for my e-books. Contemp, western, erotic, etc. I'll let the winner pick their favorite category.
It's that simple.
Just commit to at least 3 per day of the following:
* Write, revise, edit, or proofread, 5 sentences, lines, paragraphs, pages per day on your new work or work in progress. Come on. It's easy. You pick one.
* 5 minutes of power exercise, either walking, jogging or dancing in place, isometric exercises at your desk, jumping jacks, push-ups, or whatever gets your blood pumping. Just five minutes is all that's needed, although you might want to do more.
* 5 servings of fresh fruits and/or vegetables daily. Me, personally--I don't like fruit because it's so sweet, but I love veggies! So....five servings. Cucumbers. Salads. Carrots. Radishes. Baby Spinach. Cauliflower. Green beans. Celery sticks. Tomatoes. Apples. Bananas. Grapes. Berries. Melon. (Please avoid potatoes and corn as potatoes are a starch (bread substitute) and corn is a grain). Yep, you heard it here. Corn is NOT a vegetable.
* 5 minutes of prayer or meditation -- whatever makes you happy. Just five little old minutes of quiet reflection.
* 5 minutes of journaling about how great you are. Yes, this is the time to get stuck on yourself. What do you like about yourself? What makes you unique? Special. Great! Write a love letter to yourself. Write a letter to yourself at a younger age. An older age. Don't hold back. Talk yourself up in your journal. Don't you know that you have to have a great relationship with yourself, first, in order to have good relations with other people? We often treat others kinder than ourselves. Now is the time to be kind to YOU.
That's it, kiddies. Just choose a minimum of 3 of the 5 and get started...
Let's SPRING INTO ACTION starting NOW!